Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kegerator Upgrade


IMG_2183.JPG
Originally uploaded by quill7111

It's been awhile since I've posted last, and to be honest I haven't even been that busy. But one thing that I have accomplished is to upgrade the Kegerator. It now has FOUR taps and a fancy steel splashguard and drip-tray complete with rubber drip-tray liner thingy purloined from a bar in Tampa.
To check out more pictures of the construction process, you can head over to my flickr stream at http://flickr.com/photos/quill7111/. I'm too impoverished right now to afford the fancy pro account and have more than three sets, but if you have trouble finding the pics they're all tagged with "kegerator."
Kegerator 2.0 will hold and dispense four 5 gal. homebrew kegs, and if necessary I can hook in a normal sankey keg too if ever I need to serve commercial beer. I've only got one beer on tap right now, a chocolate weizenbock, but having all those empty taps inspired me to start fooling around with homemade sodas and things as well. At least until the batch of beer in the fermenter is ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger FretlessC said...

zowie that's nifty. the only problem is that, while you thought this would give you four 'options' every night, it actually just means you now have to have four beers every night. but if you ever have a vicious 2 yr old alcoholic landlord ask to be bribed with 'fowa beeah' you'll be totally set.
btw, is it reasonable to consider trying to homebrew using only a 5x3ft plot of real estate? I know lots of people homebrew around here, but I don't understand how they afford the floorspace at outrageous boston rates.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home