Friday, December 01, 2006

Stone: Oaked Arrogant Bastard 2006


From BOS_webalbum
From BOS_webalbum



I don't really know how to describe this beer. I really need to figure out what some of these tastes are because I know them so well, but I don't know exactly what they are. I know, for one, that this beer is hoppy as hell, of course, and it tastes amazing. I love the aftertaste, which is of straight hops on your tongue and teeth, backed up by a subtle, sweet maltiness. This also describes the beer to some extent. It doesn't taste like much on the back of the tongue, but at the front and the sides, the hops and alcohol come out nicely and the malty body holds it up well. The oaked flavors counter-balance the sweetness very effectively. For me, this is a drinking beer, as opposed to Double Bastard, which might be a sipping beer. Now if only they could bring it down below $15 a sixer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home