Sunday, November 12, 2006

Andrew Bird: Fingerlings 3, Live @ Bonnaroo and "The Armchair Apocrypha"?

photos from andrewbird.net
fingerlings 3Live in '02, photo by Ellen Tunney


I haven't had them long enough to do a serious commentary, but I just wanted to note that Fingerlings 3 is OUT and so is Live @ Bonnaroo.
The 3rd Fingerlings is longer and seems to be a better set of recordings. I'm a little wary about live recordings of &TheMysteriousProductionofEggs because I love the album so much. To his credit, Andrew seems always to be improvising to some extent. So, the live albums take me some time to embrace. Either way, both recordings are necessary. Live @ Bonnaroo has a track called "Simple X," which sounds straight Radiohead. The electric beat and even the lyrics seem to reference Radiohead. I may be completely wrong, but I'm going to think of it that way anyway.
BTW, damn those of you who were at that performance. So jealous.
Andrew's also coming out with a new studio album, named (for now), "The Armchair Apocrypha." There's an interview on Billboard: http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002345976, where he's quoted calling the album "The Armchair Apocalypse." For some reason, the former sounds more likely. Plus, that's what it says on his website. It's supposed to be out next Spring on Fat Possum records - not Righteous Babe. I don't know anything about either of these labels, but I'm sure the decision to go with one and not the other has some import. The article is a must-read because I said so. So read it. I will probably go out of my way and buy this album right when it comes out.
Anyway, that's the news from Lake Wobegan. bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home