Sunday, October 29, 2006

DeuS, Kwak, Karmeliet, St. Feuillien, St. Bernardus

Artisanal Imports: http://home.mn.rr.com/artisanal

This was by far the best table at the fest for my tastes. I already knew Kwak and Tripel Karmeliet, which are available relatively widely, but everything they had was amazing and distinctive, even the Flemish.

- Brouwerij Bosteels

DeuS I don’t remember particularly. the description is Bière de Champagne or Bière Brut, like the Allagash 11th.

- Pauwel Kwak Strong pale. The bottle comes with a wooden stand so you don’t touch the glass. My friends in London stole this glass from our Belgian Pub so often that they began to require a 10 pound deposit. The funny part is that they didn’t ask the guy who stole about 4 of them to deposit because he’d been there so often that they knew him.

- Tripel Karmeliet Not as good as I remembered, but still a good, darkish sweet tripel.

- Brasserie St. Feuillien

- brun: Dubbel. tasty. don’t remember specifics

- Cuvée de Noël: Strong dark ale. By definition, I love strong dark ales, especially when you add the word “Belgian” to the beginning,

- Tripel

- Brouwerij St. Bernardus

- Grotten Brown Ale

- Grotten Flemish Golden Ale one of the few Flemish style ales that I truly enoyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home