Sunday, October 22, 2006

Against Me!


I have a new favorite song. "Baby, I'm an Anarchist" by Against Me!. Yes, I needed both those punctuation marks because Against Me! has a "!" in their name. Weirdos. But I do like the song. I heard a friend cover it at an open mike night awhile back, and I finally got around to downloading the discography. Most of it's a little too screamy-punk for me, but their over-the-top, politicized lyrics are delightful. "Baby, I'm an Anarchist" is on the album Reinventing Axl Rose along with other gems such as "Pints of Guiness make you strong" and "Those Anarcho Punks are Mysterious". If you need some screaming anarcho-punks in your life, then this is the band for you. And lets be honest, there's a corner of everyone's soul that wants to throw a brick through a starbucks' window...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home