Monday, October 30, 2006

Allagash 11th Anniversary, again


Yes, this has been the best beer week of my life. And my checkbook can prove it. Anyway, my inhibition has been thoroughly compromised. This is the champagne of beers, in more ways than one, and in no way related to the other similarly touted shit beer. At this price, you'd think it would be higher than 9.2%. Yet, I still don't feel guilty for having bought it. The scent and taste on the palette and sides of the tongue is apple cider. Maybe Gala apples? Something juicy and only slightly tart. It also tastes distinctly like champagne, without the weird cheesy flavors or any of the other badness that comes with all the cheap-ass champagne and cava I've had. Not too bubbly. Refreshing. Maybe a little on the over-sweet side, but I had it as dessert. Actually, it also tastes great, though obviously different, alongside overpowering-ly garlic-y hommous, so I guess it serves multiple functions. Great beer, God-awful price, hats off to Allagash for forcing me to drop $15 on 750mL of beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home