Friday, December 01, 2006

A. le Coq Imperial Extra Double Stout 2001


From BEER_webalbum
From BEER_webalbum

The pictures aren't perfect, but just think... black.
So this may be the strangest (good) beer I've ever had. It's supposedly the original Imperial Stout recipe, which apparently involves some stale ale ... or so the guy at the beer-snob store said. It's like a good Flemish Sour mixed with a nice, typical American stout. I was told it's nothing like American Imperial stouts, but it does taste a lot like an American stout, just with sourness added. The nose is flemish sour, the aftertaste is american stout, and the taste on the tongue is half way between.
I like it, even though it sounds absolutely disgusting. It's well aged, but I can't tell cause I've never had anything remotely similar before. Maybe this beer can be my transition to Flemish Sours proper, which usually just taste like old lambics to me... which they basically are... right? eh. whatever. This is definitely a good one to try at least once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home