Sunday, March 04, 2007

Adnams Broadside Original Ale


From BEER_webalbum


I was going to say this beer had an indistinctive aroma, but after seeing the website, I have to agree completely: (http://www.beerfromthecoast.co.uk/bottles_broadside) definitely fruitcake. The flavor is similarly cake-y with some clove and other spice. Very nice bitterness from the hops. This is a very rich beer with a blunt caramel-y malt aftertaste that becomes more and more prominent as it warms. Being an English Ale, it should be served slightly warmer, and it does change in some very nice ways as the temperature lowers, but I think this particular cold-one is also very nice right out of the fridge. It was $3.50 for a 16oz, which isn't so bad for the size and quality of an import. I think that comes to around $15 for an America six pack, so it's not extremely expensive. Anyway, this is a great English ale, and I would reccomend it. I guess 1 thumb up and the other 3/4 up since it's not my favorite style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home