Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sam Adams "LongShot" Boysenberry Wheat (2006 Homebrew contest, Ken Smith)

From BEER_webalbum

I think this blogger pretty much summed up my opinion of the beer:
http://blog.homebrewbeer.net/2007/02/sam-adams-boysenberry-wheat.html

The SamAdams site is very annoying, but you can get to the information about this homebrew contest (which seems like a really cool thing) here:
http://www.samueladams.com/promotions/LongShot/Default.aspx

I'll hopefully be reviewing 2 others soon, both of which are more up my alley than a fruity wheat.

Overall, this is a blueberry morning or buttery fruit pancake beer, as the aforementioned blogger said. It's a little too sweet for me, but it's not overbearing, and the little bit of hops are a nice side effect. Maybe it's just cause I'm from the ATL, but Sweetwater blue seems far superior to Wachusset's blueberry, Boston Beer Work's blueberry, or this "boysenberry" thing. I do think that making it a wheat rather than lager is a nice choice, and Sweetwater could improve on their recipe by trying that route. Anyway, this is a nice breakfast beer. I wouldn't buy a six pack, but I would be happy to buy another 6er with two more bottles of this. It's a good one to start off a (binge) sampling.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home