Saturday, February 24, 2007

Port Brewing WipeOut IPA

This was supposed to be published here in 2/12/07, but somehow it ended on my personal blog... my bad.
From BEER_webalbum

Nice opaque to translucent thick amber/sienna look, with small bubbles rising slowly. Good Coke-float-type head. Retains well in the middle. Nice hop aroma, flowery and pungent. The mouthfeel is thick ale with slight carbonation. Definitely to be served cold. The overall flavor is great, though as always I don't really know how to describe why I like this better than the old standard Dogfish 60 minute. I guess it's comparable to the 90 minute, but with much more body and thicker head. I would have to say I like it better, though my memory's not perfect.
All in all, this is a great beer. Thanks to the dude at the local beer shop that suggested this cold one when he noticed me eyeing a triple IPA.

Very good ratings from beer advocate.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5318/10328

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home