Thursday, March 01, 2007

Stone Old Guardian, 2007

From BEER_webalbum

Stone comes through with another winner.
http://www.stonebrew.com/og/2007/index.html
I'm not sure, but I do think it's similar to previous OGs, i.e. awesome. 11.26% ABV is always a good thing. Sweet caramel barleyish malts characterize the nose, along with some spice from the hops. The taste is just that, except more hops! The relationship to Arrogant Bastard is apparent in the aftertaste. The actual mouthfeel is really not that strong, but the fore and after taste are barley and hops, respectively. I love it. The main difficulty is that the alcohol percentage prevents coherent reviewing after drinking had a representative sample! Oops. Anyway, before and after, two thumbs up as always with Stone. I still think Double Bastard is my favorite of theirs, if not the 2006 Epic, but I definitely put this one at second or even first. (Of course, Stone IPA is amazing, but it's not really comparable to their more extreme offerings). :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home