Sunday, February 15, 2009

domestic doppelbock and dunkelweisse

From beermusic

OK, yes it's Michelob. But that means it's cheap. And who am I to judge? I like the fact that Michelob and Anheiser-Busch et al. are trying to make real beers on the side. The only thing I'm afraid of is them pushing out craft brewers, which is why I only bought this once, but honestly if I see this at a crappy bar, I'll probably order it over some light crap. It's a little too sweet, and lacks body, but I wouldn't put it past most American microbrews to make crappier versions, and I would certainly drink it again. For the price, I'd say it's worth a shot. They have pretty detailed stats/info here: http://www.michelob.com/ExploreDunkelWeisse.aspx
From beermusic

Sam did a much better job than Michelob, though I paid for it. It was $9 something for a four-pack, and I was quite reticent (correct usage? I don't know. Maybe too fancy a word for a beer blog.. am I being abstruse?) to pay so much for Sam, but in the end I'm glad I did. Not so sweet as Michelob, lots of alcohol, and pretty full bodied. Poured nicely with short-lived head settled up from the bottom through the pour. Smells, like all other double bocks, like candy sugar and sweet malt. Mmm. Maybe not a repeat buyer since some German doppelbock(s?) are available at Super Saver, but I'm glad I tried this. BeerAdvocate: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/47785 . Annoyingly, the Sam Adams website doesn't link readily to this cold one's stats, so here they are OG: 23 Plato; Calories 310 (sweeet); ABV 8.8%; Malt: Two Row Pale, Caramel 60 degrees; Hop: Tettnang Tettnanger and Tettnanger-Hallertauer; Yeast: Bottom-fermenting lager yeast; availability: early Spring (Jan-March)



From NEBRASKA
Happy V-day, from us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home