Friday, March 16, 2007

Founder's Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale

From BEER_webalbum

I tried to show how pretty this beer is by holding it up in front of a light. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it's a nice mahogany with garnet hues. A little swirl-age stirs up tiny bubbles and gives nice tan foam. Nice thick viscous liquid. Some lacing remains. I can't place the nose perfectly, but it's nice. Caramelly. Smooth mouthfeel. Sweet malt at first, turns to pure hop bitterness over some sweet malt, (much like Arrogant Bastard) on the swallow, and very bitter aftertaste. Great beer. Malts show up more as it warms. I don't know exactly what a scotch ale is, but I know that I like it. It also makes me feel slightly more Scottish, even though this beer's from Michigan. A little pricey, but I like it.
Beer Advocate likes it: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/7463/?sort=topr&start=0.
Founders' Dirty Bastard page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home