Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Brightest Diamond

I decided to split this blog up since I have so many pictures from the concert. My Brightest Diamond opened up for The Decemberists at the Avalon, 2007-03-23. They were great and I hope to hear more. Apparently, she used to be a major collaborator (Illinoise-maker) with Sufjan Stevens. She's classically trained, and her voice is very clear with fast, wide vibrato. It's a bit strange for the style of music they play. They did an amazing cover of No Quarter. If only Jimmy Page was there, it would have been as good as Led Zeppelin's record. The bass player kind of looked like he really had to pee hte whole time, but he did a good job and I was glad he was into it. They had a good sound and more energy than many bands in the same style. Anyway, here are the pics:
From BOS_webalbum


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home